The Instruction manual for Billet casting at CCM
A. Safety Instructions - Safety precautions in the area of liquid steel i.e. around ladle handling, casting floor.
The Following Safely materials must be used by the operators :
- Protective helmet with neck place,
- Blue / white glass goggles,
- Arm & leg guard (Asbestos materials)
- Steel cap safety shoes,
- All other personnel of CCM must wear helmets & safety boots.
B. Preparation, of steel prior to casting.
- Killed steel dioxides primarily with silicon to be taken.
- To de-oxide liquid steel as per requirement
- Employing de-slugging device
Ladle preparation - Lining is generally divided into two parts and must be checked regularly
- Permanent lining with 50-60% alumina bricks
- Working lining with 65-85% alumina bricks
Tundish practice -
1. Distribution of molten metal. 2. Inclusion separation. 3. Control of steel flow rate.
In open pouring the following materials to be checked;
2. Well block
3. Tundish nozzle
Stopper rod preparation before casting :
- Spanner size 60 with long handle.
- Fork keys 55 with long handle.
- Spirit level.
- Liquid mixture with oil & graphite powder.
Pressure and temperature of the water:
Primary water pressure 45 kg/m2, flow - 950 -1000 Imp.
Secondary water pressure 3.5kg/cm2 in ring zone.
1st zone -1.5 kg/cm2
2nd zone - 0.5 kg/cm2